Check below for the latest updates from our local news outlets including La Grande City Hall, Eastern Oregon University, and more. Follow the links to the full story!
City of La Grande
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at `http://www.cityoflagrande.org/muraProjects/muraLAG/tasks/feed/?feedID=CF34DE01-5056-A317-71229480E07E34C6`; the status code is `404` and content-type is `text/html; charset=utf-8`
Eastern Oregon University
- A new program allows undergraduates to earn Special Education licensure through EOU's College of Education.
- High school students spent a week learning what it would be like to become teachers.
- The Oregon Mine Safety and Health Training Program at EOU has a new instructor through the College of Business.
- The one-day conference invites Latinx-serving organizations to gather in-person July 17.
- Music and theatre students recording audio stories with a spooky theme, airing Oct. 29 and 30.
La Grande Observer
- LA GRANDE — The air quality forecast for La Grande has improved, with AQI levels expected to remain in the moderate category until Tuesday, Aug. 3, according to the air monitoring website +IQAir.
- UNION — Emergency personnel responded to a car rollover on Hwy 203 between Union and Medical Springs on Wednesday, July 28.
- BAKER CITY — The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife issued a permit Thursday, July 29, allowing a Baker County ranching couple, or their designated agents, to kill up to four wolves from the Lookout Mountain Pack.
- Wolves from the Lookout Mountain have killed another cow, and injured one steer, in eastern Baker County over the past week, the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) concluded after biologists investigated the two cases.
- LA GRANDE — Air quality in La Grande and Enterprise may not be good on Friday, July 30.